Sunday, June 2, 2013

Free write #2: Rambling

       I don't know what to write. I can write whatever I want though, this is a free write right? Then I have a right to write freely. Freely. Root word free. Definition: "enjoying personal freedom : not subject to the control or domination of another" courtesy of Webster dictionary. So, being free is the state of being able to do what you want. Like being able to ramble and get a grade from it.
       But then how do we live freely? I can't do whatever I please. There are certain things I can't do. There are a lot of things I can't do. Hell, I can't be on my phone in school. I'm not " not subject to the control or domination of another". Even there, I used a double negative. If this weren't a free write, I'd get points counted off for that. Aren't we always subject to SOMEONES domination. Whether it be teachers, parents, government, nature, society and especially if you believe in God. But we cherish our perceived freedom so dearly we would die in a foreign country for it. But you aren't ever really free. There's no such thing as free. There's just less degrees of being "dominated". And I'd say most of us are dominated pretty hard.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment